Monday, January 3, 2011

Weird Dreams That I Had...


"The Scream" by Edvard Munch


I know, dreams are really supposed to be weird, unintelligible, symbolic, etc. But I can't help but be bugged about these two specific dreams of mine. I don't know why, but I keep dreaming about them over and over again (a few years back, actually).

Bizarre Dream #1:
I'm desperately running away from something. The setting is in a place quite deserted. I vaguely remember it being quite full of houses, empty ones.

And how the heck did I know that, you ask? Well, it is a dream after all. We know things that we aren't supposed to know... I think.

Anyway, back to the dream. I was running and running... Hiding behind houses, barrels. I remember I was very scared at what I was running away from. I really don't know what I was running from, but I just know that I have to run away from it.

The end? I don't really remember. The only details that I remember about the dream are these: I was chased by something that I was really scared of, and I have to run away from it to keep it from getting me [not so sure about this].

***

Bizarre Dream #2:
It's all over!!! There's a giant monster wreaking havoc in the city! I have to hide! But where?! It is now on its way to where I was hiding: a tall building about the size of the monster itself. My heart thudding, I wondered whether there are any survivors as well... But I can't risk being spotted by this monster!

Alas, the monster turned its head, and with a rush of adrenalin, I ran towards the other side of the road! There, I found my fellow survivors, and am quite surprised --- they are armed! Slingshots and crossbows in their hands, they told be their plan in slaying the humongous beast.

Making up my mind, I knew that I had no choice.

To stop it from destructing the whole city, we MUST slay it, to end this nightmare once and for all.

--Kind of what you would read from a sci-fi book, eh? Well, I think I was exaggerating a bit there... Hehe...
But I think, that's it... The reason why I had this dream may well be caused by my excessive reading of books (though not really sci-fi in nature).

Like the first dream, I'm also not entirely sure how i ended. And, like the first dream, I was also feeling scared, and nervous, like it was all real. But when I woke up and thought about the dream, I felt ridiculous feeling the way that I had.

OH WELL. They're weird all right.
But at least my life doesn't reflect how weird my dreams are. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment