Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I feel bad...

I think I've done something wrong this time... I ignored my roommate when she asked me a favor...

Earlier, at 5:30, I was about to go home when my roommate texted me. It was raining the whole afternoon, and she asked me to wait for her at our school's lobby until 6:30, since she forgot her umbrella. I told my friend who was with me at that time, and asked her of I should go. She told me, "EH? Until 6:30??? Do you want to wait for her for one hour? Besides, the rain has softened down a bit. It's alright to walk under this light drizzle."

So ignoring my conscience that's bugging me, I went home, after stopping at a burger joint near our school. I was even discussing with my friend the lie that I should tell my roommate when she asks me why I didn't wait for her.

I got home, acted as if nothing happened, and dreaded for the coming of my roommate. (We were three in the room, my other roommate was already there.) Then I heard footsteps. And... my roommate opened the door, slammed down her things, and didn't even look at me (I was by my bed, which is near the door). At this point, I could clearly hear my conscience saying, "See? Told you."

But instead of apologizing, I still acted as if nothing happened, as if I didn't receive any texts. I talked to her, and she talked to me, without any hint of bitterness or resentment. But my shame for what I've done overcame me, and I ended up telling her that I got her message late, and she just said, "Ah." and never talked about it again. I knew better than to worsen the situation and fabricate more lies, so I just kept my mouth shut.

That roommate of mine was really nice to me. She had shared with me her food, and did me a lot of favors, and I still did this to her. I'm the worst! I feel really guilty right now, as she still treated me the same even if I'd done something bad.

LESSON: Do not EVER forget your umbrella if it's raining outside. JK! XP

LESSON (for real!): Never hesitate to help a friend, or even a stranger. Just imagine if you were the one in need; wouldn't you be really thankful for that person who had especially went out of his / her way just to help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment